Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mark_endicott
Helper II
Helper II

B2B dataset sharing - New Feature Sept 2022

Hello, 

Great new feature announced in preview this month. However the documentation is lacking.

Can anyone tell me if Row Level Security will work when a user accesses the shared dataset in an external tenant?

Thanks, 

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Well yes, I am definitely waiting for the documentation to tell me more. Was hoping some of the MS employees on here might be able to give us some inside track on the functionality released in preview.

RLS will obviously be supported when it's in general release, I'm just interested to know whether it'll work in preview. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. He can guess it's going to work like sharing the dataset with another user but B2B, but this is so new that we can't be sure. It's way preview to know it for sure. We need to wait for more doc and test in near future.

I hope that make sense

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Well yes, I am definitely waiting for the documentation to tell me more. Was hoping some of the MS employees on here might be able to give us some inside track on the functionality released in preview.

RLS will obviously be supported when it's in general release, I'm just interested to know whether it'll work in preview. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors