Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

xChillout
Frequent Visitor

B2B Report/App Sharing: How to share with all members of client org

Hi,

how can i share with/make accessible a report/app with all members of client org, without individually or bulk invite based on email adresses?

is there a way by adding something like *@client.org to Azure?

Thanks 

Alex

4 REPLIES 4
MAwwad
Super User
Super User

Unfortunately, you cannot share PowerBI reports or apps with all members of a client organization without inviting them individually or in bulk using email addresses. However, you can use Azure Active Directory (AAD) groups to bulk-invite members of your client's organization to your PowerBI workspaces.

Here's the link to the Microsoft documentation on how to share a PowerBI report or app with an Azure AD Group:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-workspace-permissions#share-cont...

Dont forget to accept this as solution in order to help others 🙂

this is the opposite of what you wrote previously. and in my question i explicitely note that i do not want to bulk invite. thanks for your effort anyway.

MAwwad
Super User
Super User

To share a report or app with all members of a client organization, you can use the "Organization Content Pack" feature in Power BI. This allows you to package and share your report/app with all members of your client's organization by granting them access to the content pack.

Here's the general process to create an organization content pack:

1. Create a workspace in your Power BI service tenant.
  2. Publish your report/app to the workspace.
  3. From the workspace, select "Create content pack"
  4. Select the report/app you want to share and configure the settings. You can specify who can access the content pack and what they can do with the content.
  5. Publish the content pack.

To grant access to all members of your client's organization, you can specify the email domain of your client in the "User email domains" setting. For example, if your client's email domain is "client.org", you can specify "*.client.org" in the User email domains setting. This will allow all members of the client organization with an email address ending in "@client.org" to access the content pack.

Note that this feature is only available in Power BI Service (the cloud version), not in Power BI Desktop.

Hi @MAwwad,

thanks for suggesting a solution. unfortunately i can't follow/replicate your description in the powerbi service  at the workspace level. could you maybe share a link to an officual Microsoft documentation that covers your solution?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors