Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mthirty
Frequent Visitor

B2B - Different Licensing in Different Tenants

Is it possible to be assigned a Premium per Capacity license in a user's 'home' tenant and also a Premium per User license as a 'Guest' in another tenant? Would that allow the user to access PPU workspaces on the Guest tenant while not impacting licensing in 'home' tenant?

Scenario: User currently has Premium per Capacity licensing within ABC tenant. They have been invited as a guest to XYZ tenant in which reports are being published in Premium per User workspaces, but cannot access the content. Is it possible to provision the user a PPU license on XYZ tenant so they can access the content, and maintain their Premium per Capacity license in ABC tenant?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xulin-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mthirty

You can bring your own PPU lisense or XYZ tenant can assign it for you, while this does not affect your Premium per Capacity license in ABC tenant. What are your concerns?

For more information, you can refer:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-admin-azure-ad-b2b

If you still have some question, please don't hesitate to let me known.‌‌

Best Regards,

Link

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution. Really appreciate!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-xulin-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mthirty

You can bring your own PPU lisense or XYZ tenant can assign it for you, while this does not affect your Premium per Capacity license in ABC tenant. What are your concerns?

For more information, you can refer:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-admin-azure-ad-b2b

Best Regards,

Link

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution. Really appreciate!

Thanks @v-xulin-mstf ! The concern I had was whether changing license levels from PPC to PPU on the current ABC tenant would affect current user access for workspaces created in that tenant. I was thinking that once a user had a PPU license, anything they would publish would require other users to have that same level license to access. But, if I am reading some of the documentation correctly, even if a user has a PPU licnese, they can continue to publish to a PPC workspace and current users would not require that license. Is that correct?

Hi @MartinHH

Yes, as we know, PPC is capacity-based, and we can access it when the content exists in a workspace with an allocated premium capacity and is not affected by the license.

Best Regards,

Link

Hi @mthirty , your understanding is correct. Even if a user has a PPU license, when she deploys reports and/or datasets to a PPC workspace, those artifacts are still visible to other users of that workspace without a PPU license. The same concept applies to Pro licenses.

Best regards,

Martin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors