Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JArds

Azure marketplace charges in Power BI

Hi,

I'm using the Azure Enterprise module for Power BI (both desktop and online version).
Whilst I have no issues to load the datasets for Azure service usage in Power BI using the API,
Power BI doesn't seem to retrieve the marketplace charges, although available (per month) through the Azure Enterprise portal.

A workaround is to download all the marketplace charges separately from the Enterprise portal as CSV and load them manually into Power BI, but I prefer an automated solution such as the API.

Any suggestions on this?

3 REPLIES 3
v-micsh-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi Jards,

Are you using the Azure Enterprise content pack here?

Microsoft Azure Enterprise content pack for Power BI

Currently it is not available for me to test this content pack, by the way, could you please explain a bit regarding the marketplace charges here?

In addition to the available dashboard, we could also build the dashboard with the data loaded from the the content pack.

Regards

Hi Michael, 

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I'm using the Azure Enterprise content pack, in the online version and in the (free) desktop version.

I import usage data directly via the Azure API in Power BI.

If I decide to spin up a Barracuda Web Application I can opt for either the BYOL or PAYG version. The latter enables me to pay the licensed version directly to Microsoft instead of having to set a contract with Barracuda separately.

This web application uses Azure resources (compute/storage etc.) and the license.

In the enterprise portal, this license is billed separately as Azure Marketplace charges, whilst the used resources for the same service are put on the Azure usage bill.

As I would like to give my customers a full overview of all the costs they are making (thus Azure resources+PAYG licenses) I would like to be able to load both Azure usage and PAYG licenses via the Enterprise API. Unfortunately I'm not able to manage that, as the fields with store charges (downloaded from the API) are competely empty.

Cheers,

JArds

lundejd
Frequent Visitor

Did you ever find a solution for this?     We're trying to do the same thing - Power BI is great but when its missing costs such as the Azure Marketplace it falls short of being a complete tool capable of providing 100% accurate billing information for Azure usage.

Microsoft needs to include the Azure marketplace costs into your monthly usage reports and let us filter it out if we want, or add this data to the content pack in some way.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors