Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

asadhkhan
Frequent Visitor

Azure Stream Realtime to Powerbi - Trading data

I have a trading API i am pulling into Events hubs and using ASA to flatten and push to PowerBi.   We have few fields that are Datetime, that go down to Millisecond.   But when the data comes into PowerBi I am not able to see it to the Millisecond level, it stops at the second.   

Has anyone experienced this issue and is there a workaround?   Mind you that since this is a Real-Time push, we can not transform data I PowerBi (not allowed).

2 REPLIES 2
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @asadhkhan ,

When applying filters to push datasets with DateTime fields with millisecond precision, equivalence operators are not supported. However, operators such as greater than (>) or less than (<) do operate properly.

For more information, please kindly refer to: Real-time streaming in Power BI.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for this info, but let me elaborate to see if I can communicate more clearly.    

Firstly, the date/time fields are not being utilized filters, it is just a straight-through passing to Power Bi.

In our trade data that is being streamed, the date/time fields are coming in epoch format (unix-time), I am applying a cast within the Query to convert to datetime format, but when it comes into powerbi, the millisecond is being dropped it off, as that field is what is used to plot on the line graph.   

I hope this helps with clarification.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors