Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nirvana_moksh
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Azure Log Analytics Error

Hello All,

With OMS being depreciated as of yesterday I was trying to grab logs/data from Log Analytics in Power BI. I know Log Analytics a PBI M script that you can input as a blank query. What I am trying to do is run it as a Data Flow so that this can be shared by other users as well and also leverage Data Flow, but I am getting an error everytime I connect and it says 'Connection cannot be created'.

Also, I was wondering if there is a way to extract all Log Analytics info and dump it to a Database like SQL and use that as a Power BI source?

Thank YouError when trying to create DataFlow using Blank QueryError when trying to create DataFlow using Blank Query

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@nirvana_moksh,

Have you configured the credentials correctly? In dataset-> Data source credentials. Then click Edit credentials and specify credentials with access to Log Analytics.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

@v-yuta-msft - Finally got it to work, there is this Microsoft Account Management error that Microsoft's support confirmed that if a client has Kerberos Auth first and Forms Based Auth 2nd connection to different data sources using an elevated account will redirect to your personal still.

Anyways, that is another issue, what I am still facing is that the Log Analytics query only returns 10k records and if I copy paste the query from Log Analytics with a custom time range of 1 year it again gives me 'Query has errors' error in data flows. Is this normal?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors