Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

goaltender36
Helper I
Helper I

Azure EA tags

Hello,

I have connected our Azure EA to the Power BI content pack. 

Goal: to be able to parse the tags and filter by the variables ( tag format , {Key:Number}  )

I want to be able to split and filter by the Key or by the Number.

I can do it in Desktop but I am afraid that I can not replicate it in the Online version. Do I need to write an R script?

The issue I have with the desktop is that it pulls the Details by month, and online it consolidates them into one table.

Or

How do I make the desktop Usage Details into 1 table?

Thank you for your help!

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @goaltender36,

Could you please elaborate more details about “ I am afraid that I cannot replicate it in the Online version”? Based on this article,  reports automatically generated by connecting to Microsoft Azure Enterprise content pack consist of fundamental visuals, you can easily create these visuals in Power BI Desktop after loading data from Azure Enterprise to Desktop, then publish them to Power BI Service. To create these visuals, you don’t have to write R script.

In addition, as you want to make Usage Details into 1 table, please share sample data of your tables in Power BI Desktop and post expected result here  so that we can provide you appropriate method.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hey @v-yuezhe-msft

Thank you for your reply!!

I want to split the Tags 

When I connect in the desktop, initially I get this screen to determine what to import

bi initial.PNG

Within these are the Months and all I could import was the month in Details, Price Sheet, and Summary.

Unlike with the content pack where it is all on one tablebi 2.PNG

Hi after much digging myself I found a solution to have all the Azure EA data appear in one table as it does for the online version. 

When you connect to the Enterprise connector follow these steps below. 

Working with Rupert Benbrook from Microsoft explained how to easily get all data from Azure Enterprise into a single table without appending multiple tables and this method should work for any other data source.

This method also addresses the need to get all latest data and not specific months.

When getting data from the data source

1. Chose 1 month under “Detail” and then click on "Edit" (not Load)

2. On the right hand side of the screen, under steps, select "Source"

3. Click on the entry in the table under "Detail" "Data" and then click on "Continue"

4. Select the Data column and then click on "Transform" -> "Expand"

This shows all the data which can be retrieved from the data source.

This came from the link below.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Power-BI-desktop-and-getting-multiple-months-in-one-row-fro...

Hi @goaltender36,

Please help to post sample data of these tables in Power BI Desktop, and post sample data of Usage Details table in Power BI Service. You should be able to shape and combine data in those tables to get the desired result.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors