Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Azure DevOps via oData Not Refreshing Entire Dataset using Power BI Service Scheduled Refresh

So we are pulling data from Azure DevOps into Power BI via oData because that is the only way to bring "BoardColumn" into Power BI.

ADO has about 230 items in it, and when I refresh using Power BI Desktop it pulls in the entire dataset. However, when the online service runs a scheduled refresh, it doesn't bring in all the data (or error out). This most recent time it brought in only 9 (verified by downloading the pbix and looking at the actual table in the file).

Does anyone know why that would be happening? What can be done to fix it?

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

How long did you set on you datasource? Maybe you can modify on timeout duration to increase refresh timeout:

Source = OData.Feed("http://some.url/service.svc/", null, [Timeout=#duration(0, 0, 15, 0)])

In addition, power bi has its timeout limitation on refresh data, you can consider to upgrade your license to premium to increase maximum of timeout.(default two hours)

Troubleshooting refresh scenarios#scheduled-refresh-timeout

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy to try that. I have probably like 3-5 odata queries, I'm assuming I need to add that to all of them?

But don't I not want it to time out on the online service? If one fails, wont the entire refresh fail? To be clear, it refreshes on the desktop just fine (see all 232 items) but the online service is all over the place:

• 142 a couple days ago
  • 9 yesterday
  • 70 today
  • 68 today (via Power BI App on iPhone...)

Hi @Anonymous ,

I also not so sure why these dataset refreshed so unstable. Perhaps you can open a support ticker to ask power bi team to trace detailed information and troubleshooting it.

submit a support ticketsubmit a support ticket

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Small update...looked in that same pbix and saw it was having trouble connecting to the odata:

DataSource.Error: OData: Request failed: The remote server returned an error: (410) Gone.
Details:
DataSourceKind=OData
DataSourcePath=https://analytics.dev.azure.com/[Org]/[Project]/_odata/2.0
Url=https://analytics.dev.azure.com/P66-Default/ERP Transformation/_odata/2.0

Did MSFT change the way odata works with Azure DevOps in the past couple weeks? Is anyone else experiencing issues connecting to ADO via odata?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors