Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ctaveras
Regular Visitor

Azure Cost Mgmt Power BI

I have been for the past Year using Power BI ( Still a novice) to pull Azure Costs for a monthly meeting.  On Feb 3rd/20/21 I started getting errors pulling new data from ACM.  I ifigured it was my desktop so I went to PBI online where I published my report as well and tried to update there is there and set a Schedule.  WEll that also failed, i opened a ticket with MS and we are still here 2 weeks later trying to get this working.  The tech tells me the issue is with the Power BI team and they are working on it.  I am 2 weeks away from my monthly meeting to discuss azure costs.  I wil post teh errors i am getting below.  Is anyone else seeing this is it just me?

Online Refresh of Dataset Error

Data source error: {"error":{"code":"ModelRefresh_ShortMessage_ProcessingError","pbi.error":{"code":"ModelRefresh_ShortMessage_ProcessingError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"Message","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Web.Contents failed to get contents from 'https://management.azure.com/providers/Microsoft.Billing/billingAccounts/91892688/providers/Microsof...' (400): Bad Request"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: RI usage details.
Cluster URI: WABI-US-EAST2-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: ac71677c-3cee-431a-bfdb-29842d813901
Request ID: 5d19bfd5-247b-ce8a-fb3d-c5cb6345231f
Time: 2021-02-18 20:34:02Z

Desktop Refresh Error

Balance summary (2)
Loading blocked by failures with other queries.
Pricesheets (2)
Usage details (2)
RI usage summary (2)
RI usage details (2)
RI recommendations (shared) (2)
RI charges (2)
RI recommendations (single) (2)
Usage details amortized (2)
Balance summary
Evaluation completed.
Budgets
Evaluation completed.
Pricesheets
Evaluation completed.
RI charges
Evaluation completed.
RI recommendations (shared)
Evaluation completed.
RI recommendations (single)
Evaluation completed.
RI usage details
RI usage summary
Evaluation completed.
Usage details
Evaluation completed.
Usage details amortized
Evaluation completed.
4 REPLIES 4
ctaveras
Regular Visitor

I got this from Azure support, they confirm that the API is broken, However waiting 60 to 90 days for a fix is absolutly UNACCEPTABLE in my opinion.  What IT professional would wait 60 to 90 days for a fix.  If i can live that long with out it then I dont need it!  If i were paying for this,  I would 100% would cancel this.  Here is what MS says.

Hello Christian,

Please accept my sincere apologize for the inconvenience caused due to this issue.

This is identified as known issue. The issue will be resolved in 60-90 days, no ETA yet. Only 1 month of data is available as of workaround.

Since, this is identified to be a bug by our product team, they are working to fix this issue as soon as possible.

I will notify you through the email once the issue is fixed by our product team.

ctaveras
Regular Visitor

MS just sent me this: 

Hello Chris,

Thank you for the update.

Root Cause:

the issue is  on the Azure cost management APIs for payloads processing  , due to a backend (db) change on Azure cost Mgmt API side  , which essentially caused wrong response codes  on attributes on their end leading to NULL

attributes being passed and causing casting error when responding to payload requests from PBI calls. 

This is the root cause of the issue. However we had a set of customers who have confirmed that their issue got resolved but issue still persists for others.

I have once again made a point to the respective team regarding your issue and looking forward for their response.

We understand that this is really important for you and is hindering your work.

Please accept my apology for all the inconvenience and delay.

I will make sure to get back to you at the earliest with an update.

@ctaveras : Do you have the service request number to share with me? 

Hi, @ctaveras 

Thank you for your sharing.

If you get any response, please  kindly update here, and more users who encounter similar problems will benefit from this.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors