Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Azure B2C with Power BI Service

Hi 

I have rummaged around documentation and I cannot find the answer I am looking for, so asking here.

Using the PBI Premium service (not embedded), is it possible to invite users set-up in Azure B2C to access reports and apps?

I know this is possible for B2B, however want to considder B2C as part of a possible solution.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Sajjad
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Anonymous ,
May I know whether this is answered, I am encountering a similar scenario as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sajjad

I came to the conlcusion you can only use B2C for PBI embedded.

B2B is the only way you can use the service with guest users in its native form.

Thanks

Adam

v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry for knowing little about Azure B2C. But based on the  online FAQ documentation, it seems possible.

As to further questions, I'd suggest you post in the dedicated Azure AD B2C MSDN forum or Get help on Stack Overflow by using the azure-ad-b2c tag.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-deddai1-msft 

Perhaps I am not understanding something when you say "it seems possible". I would appreciate it if you think I have missunderstood the documentation and provide your interpretation.

From https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory-b2c/faq?tabs=applications

Azure AD B2C can't be used to authenticate users for Microsoft Office 365. Azure AD is Microsoft's solution for managing employee access to SaaS apps and it has features designed for this purpose such as licensing and Conditional Access. Azure AD B2C provides an identity and access management platform for building web and mobile applications. When Azure AD B2C is configured to federate to an Azure AD tenant, the Azure AD tenant manages employee access to applications that rely on Azure AD B2C.

Isn't the PBI Service effectivly part of O365? I want external users to share PBI as a SaaS solution and not write a custom application using PBI Embedded.

Thanks

Adam

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors