Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hoffmanrat
Frequent Visitor

Azure AD Athentication on iOS/iPad

I'm sharing some reports to external users using a guest Azure Active Directory B2B account. It's not a fantastically laid out experience to be honest, and if I had a bit more time I would be going down the embedded route, but for now this is what we have. Login works fine on a computer, and I can see that unfortunately the Power BI Mobility app is not supported, but what I can't get to work is the ability to login to the Power BI Tenant through the iOS web browser.

When I paste the login link to the web browser it just directs me to the main Power BI website.

Logging in through the normal Power BI login link does not work with the AD type of authentication.

So anyone had any success or have any suggestions, workarounds, whatever?

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @hoffmanrat ,

Did you means use oauth authorization on power bi mobile app side? If this is a case, please check following document about this:

Using OAuth to connect to Power BI Report Server and SSRS

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

At this point I'm just assuming that using iOS with a Guest AD account is just not possible, even though it's fine on other platforms. It would be good to get this confirmed before we look at other options though??

Hi @v-shex-msft, many thanks for your response.

My apologies for not being specific enough. I am referring to the Power BI Service but not Report Server and SSRS. We have a workspace on premium capacity.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors