Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

adpowerbi

Azure AD Activity Content Pack authentication

I'm relatively new to PowerBI. I am trying to figure out how to change the account that the Azure Active Directory Activity Content Pack uses to generate its report. I didn't publish it via PowerBI Desktop, I simply used the online process, configuring it to use my tenant to gather data and report activity over the past 7 days.

I had it running OK for a while, using a AAD Global Admin account, but when that account was removed from Global Admin, the report stopped working. I tried using a service account with the appropriate Azure role (security reader) granted using the "Edit credentials" workflow in the Settings menu, but then it prompted me to log in w/my global admin account to grant elevated Azure permissions. 

Here's the error I'm getting via e-mail:

Azure Active Directory Activity Logs has failed to refresh.
Failure details:

The credentials provided for the AADData source are invalid. (Source at <tenantname>.onmicrosoft.com.) Table: Signin Activity.

How can I switch it to use the service account, and not my GA account? 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@adpowerbi ,

I would suggest you to create a support ticket here.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors