Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

trinpm

Automating installation of PowerBI Gateway service

Hi community,

I am trying to apply devops practice to install powerBI gateway in a windows 2016 host.

I currently downloaded "PowerBIGatewayInstaller.exe" from [*]. Executing this installer guided me through few UI where I mainly clicked on "Next" button and accept the terms of usage, etc.; I wonder if there is a way I can install this service silently via PowerShell command. The way I understand is the installer should support some parameters so I can input in PowerShell but I couldn't find a instruction on it.

Do you know if there is some way to achieve this?

Thank you,

Nguyen

[*] https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/gateway/

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Currently I am sure you can silently install the Gateway, the challenge is that you need to configure the Gateway with a user account once the installation is complete?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi Gilbert,

For now I just need to have the installation completes silently (i.e., as soon as it appears in C:/ProgramFiles or Windows search). I have been trying using a tool like "Silent Install" (http://www.silentinstall.org/) to automate but still not succeed yet.

Which tool did you use to silently install the Gateway? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors