Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

WillHarding
Frequent Visitor

Automatically Create Paginated Report after Uploading Dataset

Hi,

I looking for a way to automatically create a paginated report whenever a new dataset is added to my workspace.

Currently we're looking at using a Powershell script to upload a csv to Power BI Service. Once it's uploaded I need to create a dashboard and paginated reports that have a specific design but with each new dataset as its source. The end goal is to have an embedded report in a webpage for each dataset, such that the user never has to interact with the workspace, or even know that Power BI is doing any of this. Ideally everything would be automated from the point where the data leaves our database.

I've been looking at Flow to see if that would be useful, but I can't see how I would set it up in that.

WillHarding_1-1645804540973.png

First question: Is this even possible?

Second: If so, what is the best way to go about it?

Sneaky bonus question: Let's say I manage to get that set up, how would I then automatically embed each report?

If I've missed somethng glaringly obvious please point it out, I've been trying for a week and haven't got very far.

Thanks,

Will

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You already started on the Powershell path. I would strongly recommend you continue on it. There are a couple of Power BI admin cmdlets that you can install, or you can take the hard way and hand craft your API calls.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors