Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

donaldo
Helper III
Helper III

Automatic refresh fails: Exception of type System.OutOfMemoryException

Hi all,

I've had a setup that has worked fine for months. Now the automatic refresh from our Enterprise gateway is suddenly failing. Automatic and manual attempts fail 100% of the time with this same message. refresh.PNG

I have a SQL database as source and a few sheets on Sharepoint. I can't tell if this is the SQL server, our Premium capacity or what is causing this. Opening the .pbix in Power BI Desktop I can refresh fine.

Can anyone shed light on what is running out of memory, where? 

The dataset is only going to grow in size, it's currently at 83MB - so if this some kind of limit, it is a real issue.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Problem appearde to fix itself.

I tried altering queries, turning refresh off for unecessary ones - but I don't think that was what fixed it.

Now I'm back to everything working, but with the same exact setup. Temporary hiccup I guess.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

The error above would appear to me that you premium capacity is at its limit?

If you could ask your Power BI Admin to have a look at the Premium metrics or the Premium Capacity Metrics App and see if it is using all the memory for other datasets, refreshes etc.

If that is not the case then you could look at the source system and see if there are any issues there on your Gateway Server?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Problem appearde to fix itself.

I tried altering queries, turning refresh off for unecessary ones - but I don't think that was what fixed it.

Now I'm back to everything working, but with the same exact setup. Temporary hiccup I guess.

Awesome, thanks for letting us know!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors