Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CPDAlpina
Regular Visitor

Automatic change filter

Hello good afternoon

I would like to know if you have how to configure a filter to be alternating at a certain automatic time?

ScreenHunter_186 Oct. 01 16.37.jpg 

every day I have to log in to the power bi and change these filters manually

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CPDAlpina ,

You may create a measure like DAX below, assuming the <Filter value1> is referred to the filter condition you will set, and then put it into the Filter Pane.

Measure1=SWITCH( MAX([Shift]), "morning", <Filter value1>, "Afternoon", <Filter value2>, "Night", <Filter value3>)

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CPDAlpina ,

You may create a measure like DAX below, assuming the <Filter value1> is referred to the filter condition you will set, and then put it into the Filter Pane.

Measure1=SWITCH( MAX([Shift]), "morning", <Filter value1>, "Afternoon", <Filter value2>, "Night", <Filter value3>)

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

You could use the relative Date Slicer which will update when your dataset gets updated.

Here are more details on how to use it https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/desktop-slicer-filter-date-range

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hello good Morning,
not quite what I need, I'll explain it better:

I have the filter per shift in this report,

Shift 1 - morning
Shift 2 - Afternoon
Shift 3 - Night

this report is being presented automatically on a TV, but I have to keep changing this shift manually when there is a shift change.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors