Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Automatic Refresh from Azure Ressources

I've created a dataset which uses some url's who pointed to some azure ressources like cognitives servives..

The url's using vaiables in M (Power Query)

When I want to configure an automatic refresh for each datasource in the power bi.com service, I cannot using the Authentication Method like oAuth which I use on One Drive etc.

I've only Anonymous, Windows and Basic and this don't work.

Error Message:

Failed to update data source credentials: Hide details

Activity ID:7427e891-dc85-45be-9e2d-926c7fbbf3de
Request ID:8918e10b-186c-c608-ed58-06fee6a07f64
Status code:400
Time:Wed Jan 08 2020 11:39:39 GMT+0100 (Central European Standard Time)
Service version:13.0.11747.315
Client version:1912.2.031
Cluster URI:https://wabi-north-europe-redirect.analysis.windows.net/
10 REPLIES 10
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous,

What connector are you test? Web, file or azure connector? Please share more detail information to help us clarify your senior:

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

If you mean file with URL, please refer to the following link to know how to find out the root file URL to get data in power bi:

Use OneDrive for Business links in Power BI Desktop 

If you mean web connector, check below link about use web connector with rest API and OAuth mode:
OAuth2 REST API as data source 

For azure services, normally they are cloudy datasource and not require a gateway to refresh. Any advanced operation enabled in query table steps? (merge, combine, reference, invoke custom function, mix on-premise Datasource)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've used the web connector in Power BI Desktop. On the Desktop version the import and also the refresh works fine. The error is only on the web version on powerbi.com

Hi @Anonymous,

What data credentials mode are you used on power bi service side? Have you configured data credentials on power bi service side? (please confirm you are using same authorization mode on desktop and service side)
According to error messages, it seems like your request missed some contents some remote servers prevent these requests. Can you please share some sample query formulas that you used in the query editor? (Notice: do mask on sensitive data parts)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

On Power BI Desktop I use my organizational account. This option Isn’t available on the service. I have only the above listed authentification types.

I use the same code from this website:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cognitive-services/text-analytics/tutorials/tutorial-power-bi...

I have only inserted a variable into the web url for a language.

HI @Anonymous ,

AFAIK, web connector does not support to use OAuth mode on power bi service side.

I guess you haven't finished reading the whole document, right?  For that sample code, it already added credentials into query steps('api key' of your account), you only need to use anonymous authorization mode on power bi desktop side. (service side data credentials configure should same as desktop report configured)

You select Anonymous because the Text Analytics service authenticates you using your access key, so Power BI does not need to provide credentials for the HTTP request itself.
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Anonymous
Not applicable

I added a API Key, if not, the application does not work.

If I use Anonsmous Login, I get a 404 Error when I try to configure the Refresh.

Failed to update data source credentials: Web.Contents failed to get contents from 'https://demopl.cognitiveservices.azure.com/text/analytics/v2.1/keyPhrases' (404): Resource Not FoundHide details

Activity ID:7f3dc5c0-14e3-4b98-81af-d22c37013554
Request ID:3f534b84-ddcc-4a09-d9c1-d17fc7c1b095
Time:Tue Jan 14 2020 10:47:20 GMT+0100 (Central European Standard Time)
Service version:13.0.11747.315
Client version:1912.2.031

Did it on your side work?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous ,

It seems like a common credential level issue, power bi allows you to use 'anonymous' authorization on 'root path' but it does not support to enable it on detail API URL.

You can split your URL with 'root path' and 'relative path' and add 'Relative Path' to your optional parameters to prevent this issue:

(text) => let
    apikey      = "YOUR_API_KEY_HERE",
    endpoint    = "https://<your-custom-subdomain>.cognitiveservices.azure.com",
	relativePath= "/text/analytics/v2.1/keyPhrases",
    jsontext    = Text.FromBinary(Json.FromValue(Text.Start(Text.Trim(text), 5000))),
    jsonbody    = "{ documents: [ { language: ""en"", id: ""0"", text: " & jsontext & " } ] }",
    bytesbody   = Text.ToBinary(jsonbody),
    headers     = [#"Ocp-Apim-Subscription-Key" = apikey],
    bytesresp   = Web.Contents(endpoint, [Headers=headers, Content=bytesbody,RelativePath=relativePath]),
    jsonresp    = Json.Document(bytesresp),
    keyphrases  = jsonresp[documents]{0}[keyPhrases]
in  keyphrases

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've made your suggestion But is doen't work:

Failed to update data source credentials: Web.Contents failed to get contents from 'https://demopl.cognitiveservices.azure.com/' (404): Resource Not FoundHide details

Activity ID:fc4066ef-fc38-44ea-9446-224fb091bc6d
Request ID:94f0f571-bdc3-ff20-7a16-06ff37150a04
Time:Tue Jan 21 2020 15:01:40 GMT+0100 (Central European Standard Time)
Service version:13.0.11888.332
Client version:1912.4.031

Hi @Anonymous,

How did you use my sample formula, package it as custom function to invoke or extract and use code into a common query table? If you mean custom function, I'd like to suggest you modify it to a normal query table. (dynamic functions seems still not works on power bi service side)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors