Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

username2345
Frequent Visitor

Automated Status rules for metrics doesn't update if number becomes blank

Hi All,

I have a power bi metric created with a current value that connets to a dataset. This then has a status rule that if the values becomes less that 20 then mark as overdue otherwise leave as on track.

username2345_0-1669652317284.png

username2345_1-1669652368906.png

My issue is that when the number gets removed from the dataset/report (which happens when the number becomes 0) the status doesn't update to overdue. It seems to count blank as being "On Track".

There is no option on what to with blank numbers or if the data doesn't get detected.

I am not sure if i have done something wrong as it feels logical for this to be counted in the status rules.

2 REPLIES 2
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @username2345 ,

Theyonly work on refreshed data. They don't work on static data.

Have you try to create a measure to do an IF(ISBLANK(),0,<something>) ?

You may check if it works in the method above.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Hi,

The data is not static. The value comes from a connect dataset (which is why I mentioned a dataset). For example:

on day 1 there's a an item APPLE with qty 50

On dayy 2 the qty goes to 0

The item apple is removed from the dataset (as it's no longer in stock)

So now the value shown in goals is blank till when it next is in stock

My issue that it doesn't take the value being not found anymore or being blank as a criteria in the status rules. Which is a scenario which can happen for various reason.

A measure will not fix this as the goal will simply not find it in the data set.

How can I account for this to make the status update.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors