The scenario is as follows.
Customers will sign up to our BI offering (powered by Power BI ofc) via our website, key info will be asked for
I need to come up with a way of automating the following
- Storing those key details somewhere (what would be the best solution here)
- Assigning a license to that initial user (we are giving customers PPU licenses until we hit a point where it's commercially viable to have Premium Capacity).
- Creating an AAD group, based on the company name
- Putting that initial user into that AAD group
- Is there a way to automate the creation of Roles in the reports and assigning AAD groups to those roles in the service
From Googling it looks as though Power Automate or Powershell are two possible solutions. I have very little experience with Powershell but have experience with Power Automate.
Does anyone have some advice or link to resources?
This sure does sound like you need an entire solution built to get this done. I would suggest if you are trying to do this, do it one step at a time.
Another alternative is to look for a Microsoft Power Platform partner who can assist you with getting this implemented.
Find a Partner | Microsoft Power BI
Proud to be a Super User!
Click here to read more about the November 2022 updates!
Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.