Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sriramk
Helper I
Helper I

Automate Power BI report

Anyone, please help me on below:

In my organization, I will receive daily report (with history) from various locations in different excel file formats through outlook attachment. Please suggest the best method to automate those reports to view the results in Power BI. I am currently using PPU trial version.
In short, I want to use mail attachments(excel format varies from location to location) for  as data source, keep the latest file, transform the latest file as per my requirement, visualize in Power BI server through automating the process. Thank you for your support in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @sriramk 

Power Query is your friend here. With this you can connect to an Exchange account, filter out the email you want, open the attachments and load that data into the Data Model. This won't be licence-specific, anyone with a Pro licence upwards will be able to do this.

If you don't know Power Query there is quite a bit to learn, but these should give you a start. 

Import Email Attachments Directly Into a Power BI Report using Power Query - RADACAD

Using PowerQuery with Email - The Excelguru BlogThe Excelguru Blog

Remember there is also a Power Query specific forum you can ask question in if yoiu need it.

Hope this helps

Stuart

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @sriramk 

Power Query is your friend here. With this you can connect to an Exchange account, filter out the email you want, open the attachments and load that data into the Data Model. This won't be licence-specific, anyone with a Pro licence upwards will be able to do this.

If you don't know Power Query there is quite a bit to learn, but these should give you a start. 

Import Email Attachments Directly Into a Power BI Report using Power Query - RADACAD

Using PowerQuery with Email - The Excelguru BlogThe Excelguru Blog

Remember there is also a Power Query specific forum you can ask question in if yoiu need it.

Hope this helps

Stuart

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors