Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

alpacaMan
Frequent Visitor

Auto-refreshing failed due to DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError

Hi all,

I'm sturggling with this one.  Occationally one of my reports will constantly fail the auto-refresh feature (I'm importing data) due to a data mashup error.  From what I can see, some of the reports use a data mashup, but others just query the database.  I'm usuing a odbc connector to a Impala (cloudera) DB.  When I go to look up recent queries I find the following:

Sql Statement: USE `MicrosoftDataMashup(string of hex values which I've deleted)`

Is there a way to disable the data mashup and just query the db?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @alpacaMan  ,

Does that make sense? If so, kindly mark the proper reply as a solution to help others having the similar issue and close the case. If not, let me know and I'll try to help you further.

Best regards

Amy

v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @alpacaMan ,

There are several points you may considerate:

1.Please check if you have right connect credential, pay attention to connect steps :Connect Microsoft Power BI desktop to Cloudera Impala or Hive with Kerberos.

2.Please check all the 32bit or 64bit versions. First check if Power BI is 32bit or 64bit by going to File->Accounts. Then the downloaded Cloudera ODBC DSN has to match 32bit or 64bit same as Power BI.

3.Upgrade the data gateway to latest version, and then try it again.

For reference:

Unable to Connect Power BI to Impala connector

Troubleshooting refresh scenarios

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors