cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
SaCvP125 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Auto-refreshing every 5 minutes and share this dashboard to all organization members -Which license?

Hi,

I've a dashboard and I want to publish it and making an auto-refreshing every 5minutes.I need to have this dashboard shared to all my organization.

Which license should I get? The PowerBI Pro should be enough? After making an fast research I think PowerBI Premium license is the only way.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Burningsuit
Advisor

Re: Auto-refreshing every 5 minutes and share this dashboard to all organization members -Which lice

If you need to refresh the data into the datamodel every 5 minutes, then I think a Premium Licence is the only way to go. Pro licences are restricted to 8 refreshes per day, with a minumum gap of 30 minutes between refreshes. Premium allows up to 48 refreshes per day with a minimum gap of 1 minute.

However it may be better in this instance to use a Direct Connection to the database where the data resides, and not use the data model, which will be refreshed every time the dashboard is loaded, or set up a streaming data source, and have streaming data on the dashboard.

Stuart

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Burningsuit
Advisor

Re: Auto-refreshing every 5 minutes and share this dashboard to all organization members -Which lice

If you need to refresh the data into the datamodel every 5 minutes, then I think a Premium Licence is the only way to go. Pro licences are restricted to 8 refreshes per day, with a minumum gap of 30 minutes between refreshes. Premium allows up to 48 refreshes per day with a minimum gap of 1 minute.

However it may be better in this instance to use a Direct Connection to the database where the data resides, and not use the data model, which will be refreshed every time the dashboard is loaded, or set up a streaming data source, and have streaming data on the dashboard.

Stuart

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Join us in the third Triple A event!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

It’s the start of a new Super User season! Learn all about the new Super Users and brand-new tiered recognition system.

Super User Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Super User Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're celebrating the start of the New Super User season with our first ever Super User 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Power BI Desktop Update - February 2020

Power BI Desktop Update - February 2020

We are super excited for our update this month, as we are releasing two of our top community requests!

Power Platform Online Conference

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

Top Solution Authors