Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

bkoenen
Helper I
Helper I

Auto refresh Power BI report in teams Tab

Hello,

I have a Power BI report which get an auto update via a gateway in the Power BI Service. This report is connected to Teams on an Tab. Is there a possibility that I can configure an auto refresh for this report in the teams Tab? I saw similar questions like this but no answers.

With kind regards,

Björn

3 REPLIES 3
nitishsh91
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @bkoenen 

You can create your dataset to use Direct Queries which will auto refresh the report when one views it otherwise you will have to add a scheduled refresh which can be done for every 30 mins and there is restriction on number of times a report can be refreshed in a day so you will have to check on it but Direct Query is best option.

Hello Nitish,

The refresh in Power BI service works fine, I use here the scheduled refresh, but my question is that the report in the Microsoft Teams Tab does not refresh automatically. I have to use the Reload Page button in Teams, can this reload be automated?

bkoenen_0-1640778723137.png

kind regards Björn

Hi @bkoenen 

Yes you will have to use that but please can you explain what your requirements are, if you want you can deliver the report as a message to a teams channel to a certain time too.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors