Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Auto extract data with viewer access only

Hi,

i have view access to powe bi report hosted on azure app. 
is there a way to automate the data extraction?

at the moment i have to log onto the app or site using username and pass then manually press the ellipse (...) and click export.

i really want to automate it but the report owner wont give out API or create any other automation.

just wonder if anyone got a solution around this?

thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. I'm sorry but as a Viewer in an Azure app and not even inside Power Bi desktop I don't think you can do anything. The report or App owner has de power to do that in different ways. Unless you get help from him I think you will have to do it manually like now.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Not even with power automate desktop?

I don't think because you might need building permission for something like that and you said you are just viewer 😞
Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors