cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Norm
Frequent Visitor

Auto-associate Paginated Reports Datasources

Hi,

We are an ISV using PowerBI to embed reports (App Owns Data model). We are starting to look at paginated reports and I'm wondering if there's a solution to this problem: when we upload a paginated report that connects to an On Premise SQL Server, we must manually associate the report with a Gateway Datasource in the PowerBI Service Portal. However when we upload a PBIX file for the same On Premise SQL Server, the Dataset of the report is automatically associated with the right Datasource. Is there a way to automatically associate an RDL report with a Gateway Datasource? I've haven't seen a Rest API that seem to do that.

Thanks!

Norm 

2 REPLIES 2
rpatkar
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

hi Norm,

This issue is resolved now; on uploading an RDL report we will associate it with the correct Gateway if already available, similar to experience with PBIX reports.

Thanks,

Rohit

VasTg
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@Norm 

Interesting. I always change the gateway in service whenever I modify(point to PROD from Beta) the datasource in PBIX file. 

Connect on LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

November Power BI Update 768x460.png

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the November 2021 Updates!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Kudoed Authors