Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

alonb
Helper I
Helper I

Auto Refresh in Embedded

Hi,

I would like to know how you can refresh the data in power bi embedded. 

I set refresh every hour but the report shown in the url not refreshed.

I would like to know what process I need to define in order for data to be refreshed

Best

Regards

Alon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@alonb Process and expectations:

1) Change PBIX and Publish - this updates the dataset in the Power BI Service. Change is immediate to the dataset

2) In the Service, the report updates and the dashboard updates based on an automated schedule looking at the dataset.

3) Publish to Web generated reports auto refresh about 1x every hour. There is no way you can manually initiate a refresh of the published report.

There will always be a delay of refreshed data in the publish to web report. There is no way to manually initiate a refresh outside of deleting and re-creating a report link.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@alonb Embedded using the APIs or "Publish to Web"? Publish to web takes an hour or so to update after the dataset has been updated in the Service.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Hi,

Publish to Web.

So I understand that the data refreshes at url affected by the data schedule that I defined in data set .
I noticed when I manually publish to web from power bi desktop the data in the url is not updated
Is there a reason for this?

Or it should behave like that?

@alonb Process and expectations:

1) Change PBIX and Publish - this updates the dataset in the Power BI Service. Change is immediate to the dataset

2) In the Service, the report updates and the dashboard updates based on an automated schedule looking at the dataset.

3) Publish to Web generated reports auto refresh about 1x every hour. There is no way you can manually initiate a refresh of the published report.

There will always be a delay of refreshed data in the publish to web report. There is no way to manually initiate a refresh outside of deleting and re-creating a report link.

Thank you very much for your information

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors