Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Zakaria15

Auto Refresh each minute

Hi,

This is the first time I post in this forum, hope it's the right one.

we're working on a project that requires synoptic panel. We're connected to a sql server database with DirectQuery. Each minute we have a new row inserted into the database. When I click refresh, I can see the newly inserted data, but the customer require to see the current data each minute without any interaction with the report and without clicking refresh. 

The report is autorefreshed each 15 minutes, but we need it to refresh each minute. Tab auto refresh extension of google chrome was not accepted as a solution by the customer. 

Does the Power BI premium licence gave us the ability to autorefresh each minute ? Is there a solution to make our report autorefresh each minute?

We're stuck, any help would be appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
Zakaria15

Hi,

This is the first time I post in this forum, hope it's the right one.

we're working on a project that requires synoptic panel. We're connected to a sql server database with DirectQuery. Each minute we have a new row inserted into the database. When I click refresh, I can see the newly inserted data, but the customer require to see the current data each minute without any interaction with the report and without clicking refresh. 

The report is autorefreshed each 15 minutes, but we need it to refresh each minute. Tab auto refresh extension of google chrome was not accepted as a solution by the customer. 

Does the Power BI premium licence gave us the ability to autorefresh each minute ? Is there a solution to make our report autorefresh each minute?

We're stuck, any help would be appreciated.

since the frequency of your refresh is too spontaneous, in your case, it is better to go for real time streaming dataset(API calls) rather than refreshing it every minute.

Thank's for your reply,

As I said we are using a custom visual, and the real streaming dataset allows only 5 type of charts so it's not very useful in our case.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Zakaria15, I've found this post and I noticed is a year old. I'm currently working on a similar project to auto refresh the data every minute or as close as live data as possible. Could you share your solution or approach taken for your project to accomplish this auto refresh? Thank you!

There is an auto refresh feature in paginated reports if you would consider that as an option.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-paginated-reports-june-2019-feature-update-summary...

HI @Zakaria15,

Maybe you can try to submit an idea for add support for custom visuals on streaming dataset.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

since the frequency of your refresh is too spontaneous, in your case, it is better to go for real time streaming dataset(API calls) rather than refreshing it every minute.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors