Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Birdjo
Resolver II
Resolver II

Auto Fit to Page

Hello everybody,

I am trying to find a way to load a dashboard in a fit to screen/fit to page mode in a similar way like the ?chromeless=true feature.

I would also like to combine them in a way that when I type the dashboard URL, the dashboard will open both in full screen and fit to screen mode.

Thank you in advance.

9 REPLIES 9
jay_diehl
Regular Visitor

Hi,

I found the solution for this problem. Make sure to click the fit to page function in PowerBI desktop before uploading the dashboard. Then in PowerBI service create the link using the publish to web function.

jay_diehl_0-1674588162181.png

Kind regards,

Jay Diehl

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jay ,

It was really helpful . 

Thanks for sharing the information. 

chey

We came up with a solution for this problem for anyone who's also stuck as it does not seem like MIcrosoft are going to provide this functionality via the URL params.

Our tool is used to remotely control and display dashboards and reports on screens in businesses, as such we publish a "Power BI app" that makes displaying Power Bi reports and dashboards on screens very simple.

The Power BI app has an option to "Fit To Screen" for dashboards.  This has the effect of essentially triggering that little button once the dashboard page loads and ensures your dashboards fill the screen, instead of only half or so.

You can read more about this option here: https://www.vuepilot.com/support/article/displaying-microsoft-power-bi-dashboards/#fit-to-screen

and some more info about the Power BI app here: https://www.vuepilot.com/features/apps/powerbi 

Hopefully that may help anyone else looking for a possible solution, as unfortately it does not look like its possible using standard URL params.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Where you able to find any workarounds or straight solution on this? @Birdjo 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Birdjo,

Based on my research, to view dashboards and reports in chromeless full screen mode, we can add the URL parameter ?chromeless=1 to the URL of the dashboard or report. For more information, please refer to this article: Chromeless Full Screen Mode for Dashboards and Reports.

q8.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello, 

I know this paramet but I need something else too. 

?chromeless=1 makes the dashboard open in full screen, but it's not fit to page. There's a button in the bottom right corner whic makes the dashboard to fit to the screen. 

I would like to automatically open the dashboard in this mode. So once again, I want to load the dashboard in both full screen and fitted to the screen.

As you seen on the image the right side stays empty and the dashboard isn't center and doesn't fit to the page. If someone wants to make it to fit he/she has to click the button in the bottom right corner. 

I am looking for a way to make the dashboard load in fit to page and full screen mode similarli to the ?chromeless=1 mode. 

Hi @Birdjo,

Based on my research, there is no OOTB features for us to change to fit to screen mode automatically. For your requirement, you can vote on this similar idea item: Ability to parameterize Power BI Dashboard URL to launch in full screen mode with fit to screen enab....

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you @v-qiuyu-msft!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors