Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jakomer

Authentication Error

When trying to import an odata feed into Power BI I get an error saying user not authorized. Any type of authentication I use it says this, and I've tried typing in different credentials. Importing the same odata feed into Excel authenticates and works perfectly fine. I've tried clearing the cache and resetting all security settings in Power BI but that doesn't fix it. 

Also sometimes getting an error saying this: 

image001.png

Any help is appreciated

5 REPLIES 5
AlbertJan_JSR
Regular Visitor

At our business we've got a Dutch PWA (Project Online),

When trying to get OData feeds, some tables will load (like projects, resources) and others won't load (like Tasks and timesheetlinesactualdataset).

When I try to connect to the Dutch Tasks table with .../_api/ProjectData/[nl-NL]/Taken   or   .../_api/ProjectData/Taken

I get a Authentication Error.

When I try to connect to the English version of the OData stream with   .../_api/ProjectData/[en-US]/Tasks

there is no Authentication Error....

So maybe this can help. 🙂 

v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Jakomer,

Please check if you can connect to the sample OData feed.
http://services.odata.org/V3/Northwind/Northwind.svc/
Here is a document about how to import data from an OData feed, please refer to the link below.
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-desktop-tutorial-analyzing-sales-data-from...

If you can connect to sample OData feed, it indicators that the issue maybe related to your data source. In your scenario, please go through your data feed, find the "Inventory" and check if this member name is the same with their enclosing type name.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Thank you for the reply. I can't seem to find anything within the data feed. I try several different feeds and get the same error, all of which work in Excel. 

Thank you.

Hi Jakome,

Have you checked the document I posted in the above. Since the OData feed works fine in excel, please double check your connect step and the URL.
Here is a document about how to import data from an OData feed, please refer to the link below.
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-desktop-tutorial-analyzing-sales-data-from...

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Jakomer

When trying to import an odata feed into Power BI I get an error saying user not authorized. Any type of authentication I use it says this, and I've tried typing in different credentials. Importing the same odata feed into Excel authenticates and works perfectly fine. I've tried clearing the cache and resetting all security settings in Power BI but that doesn't fix it. 

Also sometimes getting an error saying this: 

Any help is appreciated

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors