Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Auomatic Refresh reports successful refresh, but doesn't really refresh the data

I've looked at all the refresh threads I can find on here, but none have a solution to my problem as far as I can tell. I have a desktop application that I have published as a service. It is a report (not a dashboard) on the Power BI web app with its associated dataset. I have set up a scheduled refresh. It claims it is successful and there are no errors, however nothing in my report refreshes. I have tried refresh now with the same results. I have refreshed the data in my desktop application. I didn't publish it as a service again because if I understand correctly, on refresh it should be pulling from that newly imported data. I also changed some visuals in the report and it doesn't update those on refresh either. 

The data gateway is set up. The credentials are not needed as an admin gave access to the SQL Server data source.

Capture.JPGCapture2.JPG

The weird thing is that I have a data gateway set up in the dataset, but when I click the gear icon, it says I don't have any gateways installed and when I got to Settings > Manage Gateways it says the same. Is that what I'm missing?

Capture1.JPG

The refresh used to work and I don't think I've ever seen gateways installed on the above page, just on the Scheduled Resource > Gateway Connection page. Don't know what to do from here.

1 REPLY 1
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

What could possibly be happening is for the data source you are no longer under the Users Tab

Which means that you no longer have the rights to refresh the dataset, be it manually or via a scheduled refresh.

I would ask the Gateway Admin to confirm that you are a user for this data source.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors