Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Auditing Who has Access to an APP

Hi there,

My team has been working on creating audit reports for our Power BI Implementation.  We have been able to use the Power BI REST Api's to successfully determine which users and groups have access to each of our workspaces (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/admin/groups_getgroupsasadmin), however we can't determine how to apply this to an App itself.   Since most of our end users will only have access to the App and not the workspace, this seems incomplete.   Is there a way to programatically determine who have been given access to the App?   

Thanks!

Adam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

As far as I currently know that is not yet available via an API

The only way to determine who has got access would be to use the Office 365 Audit logs and if the user has accessed the App then they must have the permissions to access the apps.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

As far as I currently know that is not yet available via an API

The only way to determine who has got access would be to use the Office 365 Audit logs and if the user has accessed the App then they must have the permissions to access the apps.

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @GilbertQ  for the response. I was afraid that my be the answer but hoped it was not.   I'll scan the Ideas page to see if an active request already exists for this or else I'll submit one.   I can't be the first person to run across this scenario!   Thanks again. 

Yeah I hear you, currently that is the only work around I know of!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors