Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Stefan74

AuditLog shows WorkSpace "Torsten"

Dear Community,

in order to monitor our report usage we pull once per day the audit logfile via a PowerShell Command:

Main commands are:

$Session = New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri https://outlook.office365.com/powershell-liveid/ -Credential $UserCredential -Authentication Basic -AllowRedirection
Import-PSSession $Session

Search-UnifiedAuditLog -StartDate $startDate -EndDate $enddate -Formatted -SessionId $sessionName -SessionCommand ReturnLargeSet -ResultSize 1000 -RecordType PowerBI -Operations ViewReport,ViewDashboard"

Since 05.10.2018 we get back strange values from this powershell call. The WorkSpaceName is set for various report to "Torsten", even though the report resides in a total different workspace. Also the WorkspaceID does not show a WorkspaceID, but the value "My Workspace". The workspace "Torsten" does not exist at all in our environment.

Does anyone have an idea where that comes from?

Thanks,

Stefan

2 REPLIES 2
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Stefan74,

Did you get the same result in admin portal by the way as the document? Based on my test, I cannot reproduce your issue here. You can create a ticket for help here.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Support Ticket.gif

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Morning Frank,

thanks for your reply. Yes I did check the auditlog like it is described in the document. If you view is onlione, there is no column "Workspace", so the problem is not visible here. We pull the logs as it is described in the lower section "Using PowerShell to search".

There are other people here in the forum having the same issue (their Workspace is  not called "Torsten", but "Wim" or "Donald").

I will open a ticket and post the result here.

Best Regards,

Stefan

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors