Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

HugoJesus
Helper IV
Helper IV

Audit log Missing Data

Hello,

I urgently need help, I've seen in the data extracted from Audit Log Search that is missing a lot of records.

I've total sure that we have created and edit reports between March and August of this year, and I haven't seen any record about this.

It show's others activities between this period but at least two reports that I've created and edit I can't see.

Any idea to solve this question. 

Regard's

Hugo Jesus

7 REPLIES 7
HugoJesus
Helper IV
Helper IV

Hi @v-janeyg-msft ,

Of course, I understand what you have said and you have completely reason.
For now, I've already passed that question, my focus at this moment are the last 30 day's.

In my perspective, I've to deny what you have said. Because, I've tested and I'm sure you can only see your subscriptions in the report, if someone else create a subscription, you I'll not see that subscription in PBI Service, unelse you know another way to see or you have permissions above admin, like a super admin.

If you expand in the audit log, for more information, using a record "DeletedEmailSubscription", you won't see what Subscription you have deleted.
Try to create two similiar e-mail subscritpions, only change a single parameter to distinguish them. And then delete one of them, go to the Audit Log and see if you know from the audit log what subscription you have deleted.

And you will understand what I'm trying to solve.

Regard's

Hugo Jesus

Hi, @HugoJesus 

You should have at least pbi service admin permission to view audit log.

In the audit log, you can view some activities of users under your organization.

7.png

I'm sorry,Audit log can only review the user's activities, but not very specific operations, such as the situation you mentioned.You can submit your idea here.Maybe it will be available soon.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

HugoJesus
Helper IV
Helper IV

@v-janeyg-msft ,

I've another question to do to you. I'm feeling so frustrated with the audit log from Power BI.
I'm trying to catch the susbscriptions, but it's a completely messy.
My idea, is to have all active subscriptions in my organizational workspace, this because anyone can create subscriptions and I'm lost because I can only see my susbscriptions and it's hard to manage something like this.

I'll give to you an example from yesterday, assuming that I've another 2 subscription active:

1. Have created a subscription - Shows in audit log "CreateEmailSubscription", and for total I've 3 active subscriptions.

2. Then I've updated this subscription, changing something - Shows in audit log "UpdateEmailSubscription".

3. Finnaly I've deleted the subscription and for my amazement I cant relate the deleted subscription with anything, I can't see wich was from the 3 active subscriptions, deleted.

This is soo frustating and it isn't reliable the audit log.

Regard's

Hugo Jesus

Hi, @HugoJesus 

You need to know about audit log:

Searching for activities that occurred over 90 days ago only returns activities from users who are assigned the appropriate licensing for long-term audit log retention. Also, results might be impacted by the retention duration of any audit log retention policies. For example, if you have a policy set up to retain activity for 6 months, and you search for activity from one year ago, you'll only see related activity from the past 6 months.

When you make changes in the PBI, you will see relevant information in the audit log after half an hour. You can click moreinformation for more details.

2.png

If you want to know how many subscriptions are in the dashboard, you can check it directly in the PBI service-setting.

3.png

If it doesn’t solve your problem, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @HugoJesus 

It’s my pleasure to answer for you.

According to your description,Is it just missing records? Can you find the created report in PBI service?

Best Regards

Janey Guo

Hello @v-janeyg-msft 

Yes, I've some records, but the records that I need to complement my report, like "ViewReport", "CreateEmailSubscription", "DeleteEmailSubscription", "UpdateEmailSubscription" or "CreateReport" is not showing between the dates that I've mentioned before.

Yes, I find the report without any problem.

Regard's

Hugo Jesus

HugoJesus
Helper IV
Helper IV

Sorry all.

I want to complement my post with a deep search that I've done and say that I haven't found any record of any activity between 1-February-2020 to 1-August-2020.

And the first record that I've found is from 25-Novembre-2019.

From Novembre to January, I've data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors