Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

qa4432
Frequent Visitor

Audit Log - Utilization vs Actual Inventory

Folks, I have access to the Audit log that allows me to track the operations taking place tied to Power BI (e.g. View Report, Create Report, Delete Report, CreateDashboard, etc).   What I do not have is an understanding of my object inventory.  I need to know names and counts of which reports/dashboards/groups are active AND available at a given point in time.  

For example, if in my audit file, there is activity showing a creation of a report, view of that report and then deletion of that report, that report no longer "exists".  Same would be true for other objects.  

I need to be able to capture this information to audit the reports/dashboards/groups/etc population for clean up purposes.    My thoughts are that we would need to perform "housekeeping" on our reports/dashboards/groups population.  Also, capture of the active reports/dashboards/groups will provide insight into user adoption.

Does anyone know what (audit) log I should be looking at or how to read the UnifiedAudit log to capture population of active reports/dashboards/groups/etc???

Thanks in advance!

Diana

1 REPLY 1
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@qa4432

Can I understand that you're trying to find out the active reports/dashboards through the audit log? Based on my test, we can get the event detail when clicking on the audit items expand "More information." To analysis further details of the audit log, click "Export results"->"Download all results". The downloaded csv would have the "More information" and you could try to find out the reports/dashboards that are recently visited.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors