Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ScottFerguson
Helper II
Helper II

Attempt to "Get data: from OneDrive - files do not appear

After importing 2 files to a workspace in Power BI from OneDrive for Business, the full OneDrive file explorer does not appear - only the two files that were previously imported.

How do I add additional files from OneDrive to the workspace?

OneDrive for Business files

5 REPLIES 5
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ScottFerguson,

In power BI service, if you want to get file located in OneDrive, please click GetDate->Files->OneDrive for business, then you can sign in your onedrive, you will get the files list in onedrive as follows, you can connect any file you want. I test using personal business. It's same when you get date from onedrive for business.

1.PNG

Please feel free to ask if you have any probem.

Best Regards,
Aneglia

Aneglia,

Thanks for your response. I am able to move files in OneDrive to a workspace without issue. Have you been able to modify a PBIX file saved to a OneDrive space and see the reports in service update within an hour? For example, adding a new visual?

If so, what does that workflow look like and is it what you expected?

Thanks,

Scott

Hi @ScottFerguson,

Yes, I tested it before. Do you turn on the button (highlighted in red line) shown as the following screenshot below?

1.PNG

Best Regards,
Angelia

Angelia,

I attempted to add another OneDrive model but the folders would not appear in the workspace. I deleted all files and tried again - now no files appear in the OneDrive workspace in Power BI. The folders are all available in OneDrive - they simply do not appear for me to select files in the PBI workspace. Thoughts?OneDrive for Business.jpg

Hi @ScottFerguson,

Before, you can get files stored in Onedrive, while no files appear now? The accounts are same? It's weird.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors