Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bbbbbiiiii
Helper II
Helper II

Assigning a non Pro License to be an admin in a PBI workspace with Premium Capacity

Hi I got a question on assigning a non Pro License to be an admin in a PBI workspace with Premium Capacity.

I have a user without Pro License and need to be an admin to a PBI Workspace (Premium Capacity). However, whenever he click on the workspace, it prompted that he need to have Pro License. He do not need to publish any dashboard. Just managing the workspace to assign rights to other readers. 

I read in https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/consumer/end-user-license: it says: Users without a Pro license can still access a workspace that's in Power BI Premium capacity, as long as they're assigned a role in that workspace

Wondering what i have missed out. Any good advice?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ok thanks. I test it out myself. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
bbbbbiiiii
Helper II
Helper II

Thanks @lbendlin ! So it means even getting non-Pro license person to assign other user with access to the dashboard is not possible if they are not on Pro license? My intention is to grant them the rights to be the admin of the workspace to share the dashboard. However, normally these people are not publishing the dashboard. 

I gave you my answer.  I am not sure what you expect me to do or say differently - please advise.

Ok thanks. I test it out myself. 

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

What the article fails to mention is that while your non-Pro license person can be made an admin on the workspace they will not be able to accomplish any of what you want them to be able to do (ie administer the workspace) until they also have a Pro license.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors