Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

chiamaka
Frequent Visitor

Assign Premium capacity to classic workspace

I am trying to assign an important classic workspace to premium capacity. I know doing this moves contents from shared to dedicated. I have read around Microsoft docs and none points to any known issues. So just wanted to double check if anyone has done this and experinced any issues. Please could anyone out there let me know if they have done this beforee? Are there any known drawback to this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks! I have done it - guess I will know in the next couple of days 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. I don't think you have to worry to much. I have assigned and removed the capacity on some workspaces more than once and that won't affect your reports.

I would strongly suggest you migrate your Classic Workspace to the New Experience first because all the new features from the last two to three years only work in the New Experience workspaces. If you have a premium in classic you are missing almost all the reasons why premium is good.

To activate this just get in the Workspace settings and if your company already has the capacity you can turn it on and on in there.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Thanks! I have done it - guess I will know in the next couple of days 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors