Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Assign Dataset Owner to Someone else

Im about to leave the organization I wanted the reports that I have created to be used by my Manager or anyone who wants to access the reports and the datasets that I had connected to build content on it or new content.

How can I do this. 

I want have already given access to my manager and a lead to Reshare, BuildContent would this be enough for them to access the same reports and continue building on the same report and publish it?

djmenon21_0-1641912771309.png

djmenon21_1-1641912950923.png

Kindly help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes, Add only those users who will be managing the workspace once your will no longer with current org (Youe manager & any other developer)
For rest of associate who need to consume add them as viewer/ provide access through App
Ways to collaborate and share in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!
Proud to be a Super User!!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

I would just add to what @arvindsingh802 said, in that the user could be added as a member in the app workspace roles, which would allow them to do the same, but not have full admin permissions.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Thanks @GilbertQ for correcting me, I suggested to add as Admin as @Anonymous  will be leaving the org soon

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!
arvindsingh802
Super User
Super User

You need to publish the report to a group workspace and add them as Admin, then only other associate would be able to update the report
My worksapce is a personal worksapce where only you can make changes.
Basic concepts for designers in the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Docs
 http://radacad.com/groups-in-power-bi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay so are you saying that I need to create a new workspace and then in the advanced options add the users "Specific Users & Groups" add users email ids whom I want to make as Admin of the workspace and the publish the reports from PBI desktop to that workspace. Is my understanding correct? This would suffice the requirement?

Yes, Add only those users who will be managing the workspace once your will no longer with current org (Youe manager & any other developer)
For rest of associate who need to consume add them as viewer/ provide access through App
Ways to collaborate and share in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors