Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

As Timeline Visualization for massive data

Hello all!

Could you please support me with the case below? I am actually trying to do a visualization as timeline cause I want to show like a tracking for the Deliveries.

On my dashboard I have this slicer which I can put a specific delivery number

So lets say I place the Delivery below: 91991985

good dev.JPG

Then the as timeline will give me the information I need below, basically showing the dates these events happened.

good timeline.JPG

However the problem is: As there are many deliveries, if I dont filter any of them leaving the Delivery field in blank....

deev.JPG

...then I will have the visualization below, which is terrible. I need to present it to managerial level when they open the dashboard, I would not like them to see this mess with all the Deliveries. I

time.JPG

Is there any possibility to make this visualization better before filtering the Delivery I need?

Thank you for your support,

Kind Regards

2 REPLIES 2
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous,

For your scenario, I'm afraid you could use IF and ISFILTERED functions to judge first, if it is filtered, you could show the filtered value, if it is not filtered, you could present it to managerial level by defalt.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cherry,

Thanks for your response. Actually I did not really get waht you said.

On this scenario it is a slicer, not a column so I can't insert a formula on it as far as I understand

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors