Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hoangphuongduy

As Power BI Admin But cannot find tenant settings

Hi,

I'm new to Power BI.

So I'm following the course Power BI Developer in a Day and stuck in the case to find my tennant settings on Admin portal

I tried to google and people said that I need be a Power BI Admin to see it but I'm the Admin of the workspace, why can't I find it?

Me as AdminMe as AdminBut still cannot see itBut still cannot see it

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @hoangphuongduy ,

You are confusing the concept of Workspace Administrator and Power BI Administrator.

As the workspace administrator, you have all permissions for the workspace.

vcgaomsft_0-1649655988058.png

But to manage Power BI for your organization, you must be one of the following roles. power BI Administrator, Power Platform Administrator, or Microsoft 365 Global Administrator.

For smaller organizations or individuals who signed up for Power BI, you may not have a Power BI administrator yet. Follow our process for admin takeover.

Process for admin takeover

Established organizations usually already have a Power BI administrator. You need to find one of these people in your organization and ask them to update the tenant settings in the admin portal.

Here are some references that may be helpful.

Roles in the new workspaces in Power BI

Understanding Power BI administrator roles

Best Regards,
Community Support Team_Gao

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems with it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @hoangphuongduy ,

You are confusing the concept of Workspace Administrator and Power BI Administrator.

As the workspace administrator, you have all permissions for the workspace.

vcgaomsft_0-1649655988058.png

But to manage Power BI for your organization, you must be one of the following roles. power BI Administrator, Power Platform Administrator, or Microsoft 365 Global Administrator.

For smaller organizations or individuals who signed up for Power BI, you may not have a Power BI administrator yet. Follow our process for admin takeover.

Process for admin takeover

Established organizations usually already have a Power BI administrator. You need to find one of these people in your organization and ask them to update the tenant settings in the admin portal.

Here are some references that may be helpful.

Roles in the new workspaces in Power BI

Understanding Power BI administrator roles

Best Regards,
Community Support Team_Gao

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems with it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data

blopez11
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Power BI tenant admin and workspace admin are quite different

Please see the second paragraph of the following article that discusses the privileges required to see the admin portal

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-admin-portal#tenant-settings

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors