Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

pstewart
Regular Visitor

Area Map Data Colors Not Working

Is anyone else experiencing a bug in Power BI Service where the selectors for Data Colors (in particular the "Diverging" switch) will not allow you to make any selections? The switch allows you to click it, but immediately reverts to the "off" setting, rendering it useless. This also happens when trying to select different colors.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @pstewart,

How do you create the filled map? Based on my test, when we create filled map without Legend, "Diverging" switch works as expected and I can set different colors for different areas(as shown in the following screenshot).

Capture111.PNG

However, when we add legend in the filled map, all areas are overridden with only one color even when we switch “Diverging” to on(as shown in the following screenshot). In this case, please remove category from Legend of the filled map as the legend field in a filled map doesn't make sense. And we are not able to create different diverging color scale for different categories in one filled map.
Capture222.PNG

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @pstewart,

How do you create the filled map? Based on my test, when we create filled map without Legend, "Diverging" switch works as expected and I can set different colors for different areas(as shown in the following screenshot).

Capture111.PNG

However, when we add legend in the filled map, all areas are overridden with only one color even when we switch “Diverging” to on(as shown in the following screenshot). In this case, please remove category from Legend of the filled map as the legend field in a filled map doesn't make sense. And we are not able to create different diverging color scale for different categories in one filled map.
Capture222.PNG

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors