Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anmolgan
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Are the Powerbi REST API's any different as compared to App workspace collection?

I need some clarifications on powerbi embedded capacity

1. Are the Powerbi REST API's any different as compared to App workspace collection?
  2. I have my embedded application (based on App workspace collection) which I am using for my customers, do I need to change my application when migrating to Powerbi Embedded or my application works as it is working now?
  3. When I do migrate my reports to Powerbi Embedded where can I see all my reports from azure portal?

Any Explanation to the above scenarios will help me alot 

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anmolgan,

Workspace collection is an old version of power bi embedded.

AFAIK, power bi will not support this old version, so I'd like to suggest you migrate them ASAP.

You can migrate your workspace collection contents to embedded, please refer to below document to know more about this.

How to migrate Power BI Workspace Collection content to Power BI Embedded

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi 

can you answer to some questions I have for powerbi embedded, powerbi service, powerbi workspace collections:

How much change do I need to undergo, I have migrated all my reports to Powerbi service from powerbi workspace collection?

What are some of the API differences If I compare the Powerbi Workspace collection to the Powerbi service?

Whats the difference between the Powerbi Embedded and Powerbi Embedded Capacity?

Are the API's different If I use an Embedded Capacity or If I use a Pro user only?

Are the API's remain the same for powerbi service and powerbi embedded?

What is basically Powerbi embedded? How this is differnet from Powerbi Embedded capacity??

Hi @Anmolgan,

For REST api, embedded report or other similar issues, please post to developer forum to get further support.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors