Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

edwardrmiles
Helper III
Helper III

Are content packs here to stay?

Are organizational content packs here to stay? In all the documentaion about them there is the warning "We recommend using apps instead of organizational content packs or read-only workspaces".  I've also read previoulsy that they will be deprecated (but not in the latest documentation)

So Is this still the case? With a content pack a user can 'fork a branch' to their own worksapce which is quite a useful feature for some users not available in apps. If content packs go will this feature be introduce into apps? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi edwardrmiles,

Regarding the question whether the organizational content pack will be discarded in the future, I will send a email to consult it internally. Will update here once I get any information.

Currently, power bi apps don’t support the feature of forking a branch(make a copy).

Please vote for this idea here:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/19571578-edit-a-personal-copy-of-...

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi edwardrmiles,

Regarding the question whether the organizational content pack will be discarded in the future, I will send a email to consult it internally. Will update here once I get any information.

Currently, power bi apps don’t support the feature of forking a branch(make a copy).

Please vote for this idea here:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/19571578-edit-a-personal-copy-of-...

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors