Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

tcbassett
Frequent Visitor

ArcGis Maps Visual - pros and cons (account types)

Hi There, I'm a bit confused with the ArcGis accounts for Power BI.  Account types—ArcGIS for Power BI | Documentation

If you have an ArcGIS online account signed into the visual, can other people see it in the organisation when published to an app in the service without logging into it with an ArcGIS account?

Parts of my business are using the standard ArcGis map visual for free.  I would have thought they would hit this geocoding limitation 10,000 locations per month? (as using address not lat / long).   They don't seem to have any issues and I know the reports have over 100,000 locations in them.

Is it easier to just use the free version?  

We have a GIS area that use ESRI.  However they don't know about the power bi plugin, preference is to use the ArcGIS portal.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tcbassett ,

>>If you have an ArcGIS online account signed into the visual, can other people see it in the organisation when published to an app in the service without logging into it with an ArcGIS account?

Yes, they can view it without login with an ArcGIS account. The first time you view the report with arcgis map shared with you, a prompt box will appear, and after you confirm, the map will be displayed.

You can also follow the link: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/power-bi/get-started/sign-in-to-arcgis.htm

/* You can use the Standard account included with Power BI without signing in, or sign in to your ArcGIS account. If you use the Standard account and you open a map-enabled report with secure or premium content that was created by a signed-in ArcGIS user, a blocking pane appears over the map and you must sign in to a valid ArcGIS account to view secure or premium content. Each map on a report has its own authentication. You must sign in to view and interact with the maps with premium or secure content, but you can sign in to different accounts with each map.*/

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tcbassett ,

I haven't ever touch the limit. But it says 10,000 locations per map in https://doc.arcgis.com/en/power-bi/get-started/account-types.htm

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Thanks, I'll see if I can hit the limit ;).  

v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tcbassett ,

>>If you have an ArcGIS online account signed into the visual, can other people see it in the organisation when published to an app in the service without logging into it with an ArcGIS account?

Yes, they can view it without login with an ArcGIS account. The first time you view the report with arcgis map shared with you, a prompt box will appear, and after you confirm, the map will be displayed.

You can also follow the link: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/power-bi/get-started/sign-in-to-arcgis.htm

/* You can use the Standard account included with Power BI without signing in, or sign in to your ArcGIS account. If you use the Standard account and you open a map-enabled report with secure or premium content that was created by a signed-in ArcGIS user, a blocking pane appears over the map and you must sign in to a valid ArcGIS account to view secure or premium content. Each map on a report has its own authentication. You must sign in to view and interact with the maps with premium or secure content, but you can sign in to different accounts with each map.*/

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Thanks Dedmon, do you know that the geocoding limit means?  I wouldn't want to use the ESRI standard visual and find it stops works.

Only curious as I've been loading report with 80000 locations using the addresss.  I thought this geocoding would be an issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors