cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saunders Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: ArcGIS map not displaying in Web

Yeah, works now.  Much appreciated.

Does anyone know the definitive number of points it's possible to show on the ESRI or standard map visuals?

Cheers.

ibarrau Established Member
Established Member

I test a bit this visualization and, for heatmap, is showing up to 10000 points. After that number, there is a small "i" telling that is not showing all values.

saunders Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Thanks for sharing, much appreciated.  It's a handy visual but a bit limited for organisations that already have proper spatial apps.  The limit of 10k features doesn't help. Thanks again!

hjameelq Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hello All,

I tried to go through all of the replies to figure out how the power BI Esri map is fixed. The issue that I still have is when I publish my report from the power bi sevice, it creates me a link to go to the report directly without a need to login, I could view the map on power BI service or cloud but I cannot see it when i publish the report to web, I mean the embededed link doesn't show the Esri Map. I posted this issue to the community 2 days ago, but I still have not gotten any replies as of yet. Would you please let me know if you have any workaround to this issue. 

cristianomoraes Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I did a power bi chart using ArcGIS Maps for Power BI (Preview) but it works in web publish.

I'm a Pro user and it works fine in Service, but not when I publish to web

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiODYxOTU1ZTAtOWY1NC00NGZlLTkxNzQtYzE3Y2EzYzllZDlkIiwidCI6IjBiY...

Super User
Super User

@hjameelq@cristianomoraes Until an official response lands, my guess is that the feature isn't supported in publish to web yet, and may not be. I say that from the standpoint that ArcGis is a mapping service that is integrated with Power BI, yet they sell that service online - see here. I would guess a couple things. 1) The map is still (in preview) in Power BI, and previews tend to not work compeletely end to end or be offered in all aspects of the tool until fully implemented. 2) given the nature of the relationship, I would assume it is either an add-on, or paid way to publish and use their maps publically or in a limited fashion.

These are just guesses at the moment, but I'm not really surprised that it doesn't work in Publish to Web mainly because it is "in-preview"

Near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Frequent Visitor

Thanks @Seth_C_Bauer

Is there a workaround for plot heatmap, like this ? Using standard maps...

Frequent Visitor

map.jpg

Is there any workaround for heatmap charts like this above ?

Highlighted
omasutani Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I have same trouble, still in latest January update.

I can view ArcGIS visual in Power BI (Web) but when I publish it to public, the report lose ArcGIS visual.

I have Pro Evaluation (Free) license.

We'd like to move to ArcGIS visual from default map visual.

powerbichamp New Member

@Qiuyun Yu 

January 27 2017: We are still having some buggies showing ArcGIS Maps on the web. Publishing it to a public web address does not work and the error message is: "For embedded visuals, ArcGIS Maps for PowerBI is currently not supported. Learn more." Is there a fix or workaround yet, or is the only solution to purchase a Pro account for PowerBI?

It would seem disingenious to force users to purchase a Pro account for a feature still in Preview, effectively using a bug in the program to elicit greater sales. 

Thank you for your time and building great products! Please advise at your convenience.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Power BI Helps Homeless and Trouble Youth

Power BI Helps Homeless and Trouble Youth

We spoke with Power BI Super User, Greg Deckler, about his charity work

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Users Online
Currently online: 43 members 1,168 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: