Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

satish
Advocate II
Advocate II

ArcGIS map not displaying in Web

I am able to create ArcGI maps in my desktop but when I publish then and load them on web, its blanks. 

do I have to enable any settings option in my portal too ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey Satish,

as stated here

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/de-de/blog/power-bi-desktop-september-feature-summary/

the ArcGis integration is in preview, and also that on the service will be blank.

But it is also mentioned that this feature is coming to the Power BI service "... it’ll be available on the web within the next week ..." guess it will not take that long until it will be present in the service

Cheers Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

View solution in original post

43 REPLIES 43
debwilk
Frequent Visitor

I have the latest release and get the same image as above. I have checked all my options and everything is set correcty. However, the map will not load. Any suggestions?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure if this functionality is a teaser or what the long-range plan is, but this is one of those cases I wished I'd read the full overview of this functionality before I started development.

I, and my company, were very excited to leverage ArcGIS in Power BI, rather than the standard map visual. After developing and testing and a few ArcGIS visuals in PBI Desktop I was disapointed to find that they are not supported for Power BI publish to the Web, nor Power BI Embeded, and not even Power BI service embedding (PowerBI.com). See this link for the PBI considerations and limitations.

Apparently, we can only render the visuals in PBI Desktop, Service, or Mobile. To say the least this is a real bummer and isn't a feasible solution to deploy to end users. 

To the "Powers" that be; we would be willing to pay a reasonable subscription with ESRI to have this fully functional.

Thanks!

jaikumar1585
Helper I
Helper I

Hi there,

I am not able to view Arcgis maps in power bi desktop.

Here is the screenshot.

I had enabled arcgis in preview features also.

Could you please let me know how to enable Arcgis in power bi desktop.

Arcgis.png

Regards,

Jai

@jaikumar1585 Are you on the latest Desktop release?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
cristianomoraes
Frequent Visitor

I did a power bi chart using ArcGIS Maps for Power BI (Preview) but it works in web publish.

I'm a Pro user and it works fine in Service, but not when I publish to web

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiODYxOTU1ZTAtOWY1NC00NGZlLTkxNzQtYzE3Y2EzYzllZDlkIiwidCI6IjBiY...

@hjameelq@cristianomoraes Until an official response lands, my guess is that the feature isn't supported in publish to web yet, and may not be. I say that from the standpoint that ArcGis is a mapping service that is integrated with Power BI, yet they sell that service online - see here. I would guess a couple things. 1) The map is still (in preview) in Power BI, and previews tend to not work compeletely end to end or be offered in all aspects of the tool until fully implemented. 2) given the nature of the relationship, I would assume it is either an add-on, or paid way to publish and use their maps publically or in a limited fashion.

These are just guesses at the moment, but I'm not really surprised that it doesn't work in Publish to Web mainly because it is "in-preview"

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have same trouble, still in latest January update.

I can view ArcGIS visual in Power BI (Web) but when I publish it to public, the report lose ArcGIS visual.

I have Pro Evaluation (Free) license.

We'd like to move to ArcGIS visual from default map visual.

map.jpg

Is there any workaround for heatmap charts like this above ?

Thanks @Seth_C_Bauer

Is there a workaround for plot heatmap, like this ? Using standard maps...

andylj123
Helper I
Helper I

Advice as how to enable Re: ArcGIS map in the Web as a free user would be most welcome,  as I have failed to read any solution.  Perhaps  the facility cannot be accessed by free users,  if so please advise as to what I need to do.  I have been using Re: ArcGIS within the Desktop and think it is fantastic.

Thanks in anticipation

Andy

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @satish,

ArcGIS Maps can display in Power BI Service now. See:

q6.PNG

Power BI provides the ability for users, tenant administrators, and IT administrators to manage whether to use ArcGIS Maps for Power BI. In your scenario, please check if you have enabled option below:

q4.PNGq5.PNG

If you still can't display the ArcGIS Maps, the issue can be that your tenant administrators, and IT administrators don't enable this feature. For more information, please refer to this article: Managing use of ArcGIS Maps for Power BI within your organization.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I'm also still experiencing a blank map on the web, is this available on all plans and in all locations?

I am not able to see the option in settings to enabled it. checked via it admin as well as tenant admin account. 

large.png

I am not able to see those options on the power bi web side either.

Works fine in desktop, just a blank frame on web service.

I have enabled ArcGIS maps in the Power BI Service and getting a blank frame.   Works fine in Desktop.

Just wanted to add that the visual is blank in my service as well.  There is no option to enable it either.  I checked with our O365 admin and the ArcGIS plugin is enabled at the tenant level.  I presume it will be available soon for us enterprise users.

I am also viewing a blank visual.  We have it enabled at the tenant level as well.

looks like this option is still not available for everyone in services yet. 

Has anyone received an update on this?

Mine is still blank, even though it is enabled in the tenant settings.

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors