Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

satish
Advocate II
Advocate II

ArcGIS map not displaying in Web

I am able to create ArcGI maps in my desktop but when I publish then and load them on web, its blanks. 

do I have to enable any settings option in my portal too ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey Satish,

as stated here

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/de-de/blog/power-bi-desktop-september-feature-summary/

the ArcGis integration is in preview, and also that on the service will be blank.

But it is also mentioned that this feature is coming to the Power BI service "... it’ll be available on the web within the next week ..." guess it will not take that long until it will be present in the service

Cheers Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

View solution in original post

43 REPLIES 43

@Michael1@satish@mattcurtis77@saunders@nlevin@healthEteam In Power BI Service, only Pro users (paid) can work with the ArcGIS Maps:

1. ArcGIS Maps for Power BI option is unavailable in the Power BI Service for Pro Free and Free users.

2. ArcGIS Maps will show as blank in Pro Free and Free users account in Power BI service. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

"Pro free" means Pro Trail user. You can verify that you have a Pro trial account by going to the gear* icon and selecting **Manage personal storage.

powerbi-pro-trial3.png

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

We have a Pro user licence and still do not see option to enable AtcGIS map in settings. 

I have it enabled in Tenant level.

Please advise where I can find the settings related to 'Tenant Level'. Regards Andy 

We found many communities come across the issue about ArcGIS Maps display blank in Power BI Service, and we already involved senior engineer to look into this issue. Please pay attention to Vicky_Song 's post in this same thread: Australia maps.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

@Qiuyun Yu 

January 27 2017: We are still having some buggies showing ArcGIS Maps on the web. Publishing it to a public web address does not work and the error message is: "For embedded visuals, ArcGIS Maps for PowerBI is currently not supported. Learn more." Is there a fix or workaround yet, or is the only solution to purchase a Pro account for PowerBI?

It would seem disingenious to force users to purchase a Pro account for a feature still in Preview, effectively using a bug in the program to elicit greater sales. 

Thank you for your time and building great products! Please advise at your convenience.

I got the internal feedback from the product team, they said

"We have made the initial checkin. So now it’s a matter of pushing this up the trains and verifying that there are no issues with the fix.

Presently this is a stretch for 11/11. We are discussing the schedule with release management and will update once we have more definitive answers."

ArcGIS Geo-Spatial visuals in PBI.com should be available quickly, stay tuned. Smiley Happy

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu

hi,

Is there any further update on the lack of availability for ArcGIS maps in the service?

Or is there a workaround/escalation that fixes it?

Thanks,

Russ

Robrien6, today there was un update. I don't know for other users, but for PRO, ESRI is working on service. It shows a pop-up of licence and agreements.

Enjoy, I am testing a lot right now.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Fantastic, thanks to the Power BI team for  fixing.

Regards

Andy

Yeah, works now.  Much appreciated.

Does anyone know the definitive number of points it's possible to show on the ESRI or standard map visuals?

Cheers.

I test a bit this visualization and, for heatmap, is showing up to 10000 points. After that number, there is a small "i" telling that is not showing all values.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Thanks for sharing, much appreciated.  It's a handy visual but a bit limited for organisations that already have proper spatial apps.  The limit of 10k features doesn't help. Thanks again!

Hello All,

I tried to go through all of the replies to figure out how the power BI Esri map is fixed. The issue that I still have is when I publish my report from the power bi sevice, it creates me a link to go to the report directly without a need to login, I could view the map on power BI service or cloud but I cannot see it when i publish the report to web, I mean the embededed link doesn't show the Esri Map. I posted this issue to the community 2 days ago, but I still have not gotten any replies as of yet. Would you please let me know if you have any workaround to this issue. 

Thanks heaps for the update, very much appreciated.

Qiuyun hi,  thanks for your prompt reply.  I can confirm that I am a 'Pro Trial User,  but the ArcGIS Maps is not listed within the 'general' menus items.  Please advise what I need to do to enable it.

Regards

Andy

I do not understand the concept of "pro free". All of my end users have a full pro license and cannot see the visualization outside of power bi desktop itself.

Nothing has changed since the original comment that started the thread.

@v-qiuyu-msft I also do on understand the concept of a "Pro Free" subscription.  I have a Pro subscription and cannot see the visualization.

Hey @v-qiuyu-msft what does Power BI Pro Free mean?

Are you saying that I cannot use ArcGisMap if I'm having a O365 E5 subscription and therefor have access to Power BI Pro (included in my O365 E5 subscription)?

I'm hoping I missing something!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

I have a Pro subscription and it is still blank.

satish
Advocate II
Advocate II

any ideas guys?

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors