Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Trotzuk
Advocate I
Advocate I

ArcGIS Maps for Power BI not remembering ArcGIS login after publish

I have a pbix that contains an ArcGIS map for Power BI visual that, when the report is published to the service, will only show the login screen for ArcGIS.

I have the tenant setting allowing "use ArcGIS maps for Power BI" enabled.

In the ArcGIS visual in the pbix, I logged in through the "Connect to ArcGIS" button and entered our enterprise login that was created for me to use ArcGIS online with Power BI. This works fine, but after publishing the report, the credential seems to be forgotten.

I can re-enter the credential for myself while in the service, but everyone else who views the visual would have to do that as well rather than it just working like any other visual.

I'm not sure what to try with this. We use a single, non-user specific ArcGIS Online license for Power BI, could that be the issue?

2 REPLIES 2
cymorg
Advocate I
Advocate I

It may be a red herring but instead of publishing the .pbix from PBI Desktop try "Get Data" from PBI Online to locate and open the .pbix.  

I had a similar situation with SQL Server credentials being lost when I published from PBI desktop, but they worked fine when I opened the same file via PBI Online.

Tried that and while it worked for me, it didn't work for anyone else. The only reason i could see that it worked for me is because I was logged in to the ArcGIS visual already on my desktop.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors