Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ctaylor
Helper III
Helper III

ArcGIS Dashboard Tile WIll Not Render on Initial Load

I have an ArcGIS map pinned to a dashboard.  When the dashboard first loads, the map is blank.  If I click it and go to the report page where it is pinned from and return to the dashboard the map will now render on the dashboard.

Attached are snippets from the dashboard. 

Does anyone have any insight on this issue?  It almost seems like the dashboard doesn't kick off the initial load screen that is seen on the report page and therefor cannot render.  But once the map is initialized (on the report page) it is then viewable on the dashboard.

Thoughts?

OnLoadOnLoadAfter clicking report page and returning to dashboardAfter clicking report page and returning to dashboard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ctaylor ,

It may because it is a third-part visual, we suggest you to refresh the dashborad as a workaround.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ctaylor ,

It may because it is a third-part visual, we suggest you to refresh the dashborad as a workaround.

Best regards,

@v-lid-msft 

I was hoping there was a solution, but it doesn't seem that there is.  I have tried to refresh the dashboard tiles and that doesn't seem to work correctly.  Looks like I will have to use a different map for this particular visual if I continue to want to pin it to the dashboard.

Thanks

@ctaylor I'm having the same issue. Were you able to find a solution, or did you use a different map? The rereshing doesn't have an affect on my pinned map either. Even if it did, I have no way of letting the entire organazation know they need to refresh their page everytime they want to view my dashboard. 

@juli15dawn 

I haven't found a solution to this specific issue, but I have noticed that when the same dashboard is viewed using the mobile app the map loads without needing to go into the report then back out.  So it seems like it's an issue that may eventually be fixed, but for now I am planning to switch the map to one of the PBI standard maps and redirect the widget to the report page with the ArcGIS map.

@ctaylor 

Thank you so much for getting back to me. The only thing I’ve noticed when the map doesn’t load, is if I click the link to my app’s name in the breadcrumbs, the map automatically load’s without a  problem. It’s cutting out having to go into the report, but it doesn’t solve the initial problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors