Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

nadir
Frequent Visitor

Arabic font issue

Hello,

My reports in Desktop is showing the correct Arabic font , when I Publish the report to the service for the first time it is dispalying the correct Arabic font.

The issue comes when I refresh the report in the service , the Arabic font is showin as ??????? as in below screen shot Power Bi Arabic font issue.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
nadir
Frequent Visitor

Hi

I did changed the data type for the field to Text (eventhough it was text only!!!!) , then saved and published the report and it is working fine. 

Hope this will help others 

Thanks to everyone

v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nadir ,

I can't reproduce your issue. Can you please share more details?

• What do you set in the region settings?

1.PNG

• Do you set data type to country or country/region?

2.PNG

If you could post a dummy file, we can test it and find the issue easier.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-xuding-msft 

Thanks for your reply and sorry for my late reply.

1. I set  the region settings for current file to Arabic Suadi Arabia

2.  Regarding setting the  data type to country or country/region , the data in this field is a text data which has the Tenant Name in Arabic , but eventhough I tried to change it but no luck.

3. As I explaind in my post , the data is correctlty displayed in Power Bi Desktop , the problem is only when I publish the report to the service.

4. I am connecting to SQL server data , will you please tell my how to share a dummy file from the data.

Best

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors